Field Marshal Gaming Convention
Prize and Contest Rules, and
Your Personal Privacy
For the safety and enjoyment of yourself and all other guests of the convention, please be sure you have read and understand the conventions event policies prior to attending the Field Marshal Gaming Convention;
For information on your privacy with regards to this website, the convention and any information contained within, follow these links;
Field Marshal Gaming Convention Event Policies
Any of the following will be grounds for expulsion from the convention without refund:
- Violating any federal, provincial or local laws, facility rules or convention policies
- Failure to comply with the instructions of Convention Event Staff or security personnel
- Using anything in a threatening or destructive manner against person or property
- Endangering the safety of oneself or others
- Threatening, stealing, cheating or harassing others
- Failure to conduct oneself in a mature and responsible manner
If it is illegal outside of the convention, it is illegal inside the convention. Excessive or underage alcohol use, drug use, harassment, carrying firearms, and many other things are illegal, and will result in your loss of the privilege to attend our convention. If you have a safety or security concern, bring it to the convention’s operations center immediately. In emergencies, dial 911.
Do not leave a game before play ends (unless you are eliminated) or all participants agree to take a break from the game.
- Do not disturb games in progress. Anyone creating a disturbance will be ejected from the convention without refund and may be barred from attendance at future conventions.
- Please show good gaming etiquette and sportsmanship. This is meant to be a fun event and poor sports ruin it for everyone.
- Direct any complaints to FMGCon staff members to deal with.
Anti-Harassment and Anti-Bullying Policy
FMGCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free (including bullying-free) experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion.
All guests and event hosts are expected to treat other attendees, guests, staff, and the general public with respect
We do not tolerate harassment or bullying of convention participants (including attendees, press, exhibitors, volunteers, staff, etc.) in any form.
Demeaning or harassing sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any convention venue, including talks.
Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the convention, without a refund, at the discretion of the convention organizers.
- Harassment includes offensive verbal comments, (related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, etc.) sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Exhibitors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use overly-sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff, including volunteers, should not use overly-sexualized clothing/ uniforms/ costumes, or otherwise create a highly sexualized environment.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the convention organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expelling them from the convention without a refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of convention staff immediately. Convention staff can be identified by their volunteer shirts/ special badges/ headsets.
- Unauthorized persons found in a restricted area will be ejected from the convention.
- Restricted Areas include: Kitchen, 420Wing Members Only room, behind the front desk and/or prize desk, and any areas designated as such by the 420Wing association.
There is no smoking allowed inside the convention facilities, including public areas of participating hotels and businesses.
Smoking is permitted outside in designated areas only.
Please be respectful and help keep the property clean by disposing of your smoking paraphernalia in the appropriate receptacles.
The sale of any items or services without the prior consent of the convention committee is not allowed on convention premises.
Distributing or posting any promotional materials is also prohibited.
- NO SALES shall be conducted outside of designated areas
Violation of this policy may result in immediate removal of materials and expulsion from the convention without refund.
- Only service animals are allowed inside the convention facilities.
- Children are welcomed at FMGCon as it is a family friendly event
- A responsible adult must accompany all minors at all times
- If you encounter a lost child, please contact any staff member or the Information Desk and the staff will help in any way they can
The last day to receive a guest pass refund is one week prior to the event. Beyond this date passes are non refundable and non-transferrable
If you wish to exchange your 1-day badge for a 2-day badge you may do so at the front desk (cash only). Exchanges will only be processed for the person whose name is on the badge being exchanged.
There will be no refunds on lost/stolen tickets or if you are removed from the convention by staff or security.
We cannot replace lost, stolen or forgotten guest passes. Please be responsible with your convention materials.
Lost, stolen or forgotten items must be repurchased at full cost.
It is recommended you check with the front desk or event staff to see if your materials have been turned in to Lost and Found.
The convention committee assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or forgotten materials.
- Photography is allowed and encouraged, however;
- Please remember to be courteous and ask permission before taking photos with, or of other people.
- It is inappropriate to take high or low angle shots, place your hands on a person or request sexual poses without prior consent.
- Please do not request personal information from individuals with whom you are unfamiliar.
Photographs and Video/Audio Recording
- Be considerate and respectful of your environment, and of the other attendees who may be in your film. If you are filming ensure you get permission from that individual before taking their image.
- Filming should be for personal use only. Any photography, film or audio released (via any medium) for personal gain or profit is not permitted.
- By entering FMGCon, all attendees agree to have their photos taken by FMGCon staff for promotional purposes.
- FMGCon agrees not to use these photos in any other manner besides promotion and not to sell the photos to any third party.
Weapons and Props Policy
- No person may display or carry weapons or weapon replicas of any sort regardless of the material from which they are made.
- Offenders will be ejected from the convention site for the duration without refund.
The purchase of a Field Marshal Gaming Convention badge admits one person to all basic activities and exhibits at the convention during regularly scheduled hours for the day(s) it is purchased. Some designated activities require payment of a separate, additional fee.
By attending the convention you understand that convention staff may take video footage and photographs throughout the convention which may be used in highlights, marketing endeavors, or other media. You consent to be filmed or photographed by staff, approved industry, or media during the entire convention without compensation to you. Your attendance constitutes a grant of rights to the convention to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, creative derivitive works of, or otherwise use any video or pictures that it obtains and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including online, for broadcast, or other transmissions.
The badge holder releases the convention and event staff from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property, infringement of any right, or any other claim or course of action of any kind; authorizes and permits the convention and its designees which includes but is not limited to all sponsors, exhibitors and contractors to use and authorize the use of his/her name, voice, likeness and all reproductions thereof by any means and in all media now and hereafter known, including without limitation the Internet, for all purposes worldwide in perpetuity; and agrees to comply with all the rules and regulations of the Event.
The Field Marshal Gaming Convention Event Management reserves the right to deny entry or remove from the Event facilities any person who in Event Management’s sole and absolute discretion is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner which Event Management reasonably considers to be disruptive of the Event.
These rules apply to all types of attendees, including exhibitors, press, and other congoers. We may also establish additional policies covering press, exhibitors, and others.
The convention’s code of conduct and other rules are subject to change at any time, and without notice, at the discretion of the convention. Violation of the rules is grounds for immediate loss of your convention badge and suspension from the convention.
A Final Word
Please remember, we try to be nice about the rules. All it takes is one person not following them, or trying to break them to ruin the fun for everyone. Rules will get stricter if people break them. If you see someone endangering others with their stunts or props, please tell staff immediately. We’re here for your safety and to make sure everyone has a good time!
Field Marshal Gaming Convention Prize Rules
General Ethics and ConductThe Field Marshal Gaming Convention has several types of giveaways that occur throughout the convention weekend. Here’s what you may want to know about how all of them work!
All door prizes will be handled daily at or around 7 PM. When you register (or when you pick up your badge upon arrival), you will receive a two-part ticket. Put one part in the prize bucket and keep the other part. We will randomly draw one ticket from the bucket for each prize given away. You must be present to win, and you must show your ticket to claim your prize. Once your ticket has been drawn, it will be removed from the bucket for all subsequent door prize drawings (that is, you can only win one door prize for the whole weekend per ticket). If your ticket is drawn and you are not present, it will be placed back into the bucket for future drawings.
Play and Win
Each time you participate in a Play and Win game, write down the names of all players who participated in the game (including any teachers you may have had) on the provided cards. When you finish playing the game and return it to the library, put the card in the labeled bucket for that game near the Play and Win area. On Sunday at 2 PM, we will commence Play and Win drawings. Each game will have one card drawn for each copy of the game we have to give away. We will randomly choose one name from the card to win that game.
You need not be present to win, but the person who claims your game must have your name tag and show it to us to get the game. If the person who wins the game is not present, we will put the card back in the bucket and redraw.
Each person is limited to two Play and Win prizes. If your name is drawn for a third time, you may choose to take the game drawn and return one of the games you’ve already won. We will then redraw for the returned game as above. If you choose not to accept the game, we will redraw as described above.
These rules are subject to change. Prize Rules are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. We retain the right to make last minute changes to the way things work, make mistakes, or otherwise somehow vary from these rules!
No warranties This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Field Marshal Gaming Convention makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Field Marshal Gaming Convention does not warrant that: – this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or – the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, professional advice of any kind.
Limitations of liability
Field Marshal Gaming Convention will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
– to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss; – for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or – for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Field Marshal Gaming Convention has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Field Marshal Gaming Convention’s liability in respect of any:
– death or personal injury caused by Field Marshal Gaming Convention’s negligence; – fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Field Marshal Gaming Convention; or – matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Field Marshal Gaming Convention to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Field Marshal Gaming Convention has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Field Marshal Gaming Convention’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Field Marshal Gaming Convention’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Field Marshal Gaming Convention.
Unenforceable provisions If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
The terms ‘Field Marshal Gaming Convention’ or ‘COMPANY’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 567 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website and/or are the trade marks of their respective owners.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Canada.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways: ; To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs) ; To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account and making necessary changes.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.fmgcon.com
Copyright © 2012-2013, Field Marshal Gaming Convention
Ownership of copyright The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by Field Marshal Gaming Convention and its licensors.
Copyright license Field Marshal Gaming Convention grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to: – view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser; – copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and – print pages from this website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Field Marshal Gaming Convention does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without Field Marshal Gaming Convention’s prior written permission.
Data mining The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
Permissions You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enforcement of copyright Field Marshal Gaming Convention takes the protection of its copyright very seriously.
If Field Marshal Gaming Convention discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, Field Marshal Gaming Convention may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and/or an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of Field Marshal Gaming Convention’s copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to email@example.com
Infringing material If you become aware of any material on this website that you believe infringes your or any other person’s copyright, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.