PRESS AND MEDIA INFORMATION
FMGCon is happy to welcome members of the press and media to our event! A limited number of press passes are available for qualified journalists, bloggers, reporters, and other members of the media. To apply for a press pass, please complete the form at the bottom of this page and submit (if the form does not submit, please copy the information and email it to info @ fmgcon . com)
WHEN APPLYING FOR A PRESS PASS
- Please be sure to provide references to articles, video blogs, publications, websites, etc. that feature your work.
- If you have covered FMGCon in the past, please provide us with a copy or link if possible.
- Your application will be weighed, and you may be contact for further clarification.
- You will be asked to submit links or copies of articles about FMGCon after the event.
Be sure to fully read and understand the information below.
POINTS OF NOTE
- Recognized print, broadcast and online media outlets qualify for up to a maximum of two press passes (with limited exceptions for size and scope of press outlet)
- Approved blogs/pod casting and genre organizations qualify for one press pass only (with exceptions for size and scope of outlet)
- Interviews will be granted on a limited basis. Interviews must be pre-arranged through the FMGCon media representative and are not confirmed until you receive written notice.
- FMGCon reserves the right to deny an applicant a press badge if sufficient credentials are not submitted, or based on previous coverage experience with the show.
- FMGCon media credentials will not be granted to anyone whose principal purpose for attending is, in our judgment, for reasons other than covering the show as working news media.
- FMGCon retains the right to remove/prohibit anyone found, in our judgement, to be in attendance for reasons other than covering the show as working news media.
- Media accreditation is reserved for working members of the media only. This includes editors, reporters, producers, camera crews and still photographers.
- We reserve the right to modify this policy without public notice and to revoke previously issued FMGCon accreditation/registration at any time.
- A history of being registered as press at previous FMGCon events does not guarantee approval or waive the accreditation requirement.
- Misconduct or misrepresentation of position and/or publication/news organization may prohibit you and your organization from future FMGCon events in the capacity of press.
RADIO/TV/WEB GENERAL REGULATIONS
- Live broadcasts must be arranged and pre-approved by FMGCon.
- On-site signage is permitted only for exhibiting media, or for media with sponsorship agreements with FMGCon.
MEDIA COVERAGE REGULATIONS
- FMGCon allows media equipment in exhibit and program areas during the hours of Noon to 6 pm on the first day of the event only, unless special arrangements have been agreed upon in advance.
- No media organization may take photographs or record images of, or otherwise use, an exhibitor’s booth without the knowledge and consent of the exhibitor.
- Camera crews must not block the flow of traffic on the convention floor for any extended period of time.
- All photographs or footage taken at FMGCon may be used for editorial purposes only. Any other use requires the written approval of the FMGCon Organizing Committee.
- Internet reports shall not purport to be exclusive or official coverage of FMGCon though exhibitors retain the right to arrange exclusive media coverage with outlets of their choosing after approval by the FMGCon media representative.
- Reports cannot include proprietary material owned by FMGCon inclusive of, but not limited to, interview transcripts, audio transmissions, video transmissions, photographs, or any other copyright or trademark owned by FMGCon without the prior written authorization of FMGCon.
PRINT/NEWS WIRE JOURNALISTS – An industry related article from your publication written by you and published within the last 12 months.
FREELANCE WRITERS – We expect that freelance writers who apply for a press pass are attending on behalf of at least one publication. Freelance writers from unqualified media outlets are not eligible for press credentials. Additionally, freelancers who do not provide the required documentation as outlined below WILL NOT be approved for a press pass.
- A letter from an editor or producer stating that you are covering FMGCon on assignment; please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your application, AND
- A by lined, industry-related article from the publication you are representing published within the last twelve months; copy must clearly show the name of the publication and your byline.
ONLINE REPORTERS – Online news sites must be established and updated regularly (at least once per week) with original and current industry news. Press passes for individuals who write industry-related personal or corporate blogs will be considered, and approval will be given on a case-by-case basis.
- A link to your online publication with your name and title appearing in an editorial capacity, such as a by lined, industry-related article from your publication written by you and published within the last six months.
BROADCAST JOURNALISTS – A letter from a producer/editor stating you are on assignment to cover FMGCon.
PRESS FAQ AND QUICK FACTS
Name of Event : Field Marshal Gaming Convention
Tagline : Annual tabletop gaming convention in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Board Games, Card Games, Dice Games, Miniatures, Role-playing Games – We play it all!
“Playing out of the box” since 2011
Short Blurb : The Field Marshal Gaming Convention is an annual celebration of tabletop gaming held in Oshawa, Ontario every September. This weekend long event is host to tabletop games of all kinds, from your traditional, and not-so-traditional, modern board games, card and dice games to miniatures gaming and role-playing games. This is a family friendly event that is meant to create a weekend of fun and gaming with friends, old and new held in a historic and atmospheric building. Come for a day, or come for the entire weekend – in either case, come for the fun of tabletop gaming!
Date : August 27-28, 2016
Location : RCAF 420Wing, 1000 Stevenson Road North, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Website : http://www.fmgcon.com
Facebook : http://facebook.com/FMGConvention/
Twitter : http://twitter.com//@FMG_Convention/ (#FMGCon2016)
PRESS PASS APPLICATION
To apply for a press pass, please complete the form below. All required fields must be completed in order for your registration to be processed.
press pass application currently unavailable
Please note : Marketing/Advertising, sales, art directors, managers, publishers and other non-editorial professionals of media organizations are not eligible for press passes.
After we have received your credentials, they will be reviewed and subject to approval based on press space allocation and committee discretion. You will be notified within 2 weeks of the event if you are approved or denied. Submitting a press pass application does not guarantee you will receive a press pass and passes will not be granted to anyone who’s principle purpose for attending our event is, in our judgement, for reasons other than covering the event as working news media.
Please review and understand all of the requirements above prior to submitting a press pass application.
Questions? Please contact info @ fmgcon . com